Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Beginnings

I had so many thoughts today that I wanted to record, but they were all trumped by my frustration earlier this evening.  Honey Bunches and I had a really "off" night.  In my anger I yelled at him - excessively - and it has taken the wind out of me.  I felt as though I was having an out-of-body experience, the whole time thinking I should give myself a Time Out.  When it was all said and done, I felt terrible.  I gave myself a few minutes to calm down and then at supper, I apologized to all of the children, saying that I should not have acted the way I did.  I then apologized to Honey Bunches.  He told me he forgave me and then apologized for what he did as well.  It was a very humbling moment for me.

As I sit here tonight, I feel like today I failed as a mom, especially when I place my troubles in perspective to those who have real struggles and challenges.  I love my kids with all of my heart and want to do right by them.  I don't ever want them to doubt the love I have for them.  Whenever I struggle with being a wife and mother, I ask my Blessed Mother to pray for me.  I know she understands my frustrations and intercedes for me daily.  It comforts me to know that I am not alone in my experiences.  Tomorrow is a new day and a chance at a fresh start.  I am thankful and grateful for new beginnings.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! Have a full blown melt down once in a while, it's good for you!

    ReplyDelete