Tuesday, May 24, 2011

American Idol

When I was pregnant with my first baby, my body changed almost immediately.  I started retaining water within my first trimester, forcing me to remove my wedding band and begin wearing flip flops as my feet were beginning to grow too large for any of my other shoes.  I gained a total of 37 pounds.  During my ninth month, I was so uncomfortable, that all I wanted to do was put my feet up.  While resting during this time, I began watching American Idol.  I think I had to give this introduction as a type of justification for obsessing about a piece of secular culture.  To be perfectly honest, I really do enjoy the show and look forward to Competition Wednesdays and Result Thursdays.  As a family, we sit together and cheer on our favorites.  This year, we are all pulling for Scotty McCreery.  My boys even try to sing like him - funny stuff!  So my little secret indulgence puts a smile on my face.  And now, the baby I was carrying while AI season 1 was airing, is just as big a fan as I am.  These days I put my feet up for other reasons as well.  Life really does come around full circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment