Friday, July 1, 2011

Noise

One of the reasons I love going to Eucharistic Adoration is for the opportunity to empty myself in order to be filled with Christ.  Today, my mind was so filled with noise that I struggled to hear Jesus and tune everything else out.  As I knelt to pray, the last song I heard on the radio was playing in my head (Jamie Grace, Hold Me).  Then a whole list of what I needed to do and should do started to fill my thoughts.  I was really frustrated.  The more I attempted to focus on the presence of Christ, the more distracted I became.  So I sat with the Scripture readings for today.  It actually is the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Sacred is synonym to Divine and Heart is synonym to Love).  The readings were all about God's Divine Love.  It was, however, the Gospel reading that pierced through the noise and resonated in my heart.
 "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
                                                                                                                    Matthew 11:28-30
What I needed most today was rest;  not necessarily sleep, but simply a break from the incredible noise in my life.  I find it so easy to busy myself with mundane tasks, always thinking about my next move.  Today, however, I heard Christ telling me to take a step back and to simply be in His presence.  Give my worries, my troubles to Him and He will clear out the noise.  Once again, I came away from Adoration with exactly what I needed, without knowing what it was going in to it.  As we approach this Fourth of July weekend, my heart has moved from wanting to accomplish my check list, to enjoying this gift of time with my family.  The only noise I want is that of my family, living life and glorifying God for His gift of Divine Love and Grace.  This I offer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment