Friday, September 2, 2011

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

Our neighbors moved in next door a little over a year ago.  We see them often outdoors in the yard during the summer and then not so often in the winter.  They recently had a baby and last night I brought them supper.  This morning, I saw the dad outside and gave him a gift for the new baby.  He graciously accepted it and then said, "I think I should tell you that my wife's name is This and not That."  I have been calling her the wrong name all this time and I'm pretty sure I called her by name at least 3 or 4 times during my visit last evening.  I am extremely embarrassed.  Each time I give a thought to this, my face turns red.  The husband actually had a really great sense of humor about the situation.  I told Monkey Toes about it and he said it sounds about right that I would do such a thing.  I guess a little humble pie is good for us all from time to time.  I just wish I didn't serve it up so often!

No comments:

Post a Comment