Monday, June 27, 2011

Reminiscing

This morning I woke up and it felt as though I were walking in cement shoes.  The whole morning felt like we were moving in slow motion, despite all that the kids and I accomplished.  We used up the last of our left-over taco ingredients and made quisadillas.  We used our over-riped bananas for banana bread and all of our stale hot dog and hamburger buns for bread pudding.  The left-over ham we added to scalloped potatoes.  I feel so domesticated and thrifty!

Not having posted frequently last week, there are a few memories I want to record.  One morning, Honey Bunches of Oats asked where Auntie B was.  I said, "She left because you kids were driving her crazy!"  He replied, "That's impossible.  We're not even old enough to have our license, so we couldn't drive her anywhere."  Then there was the morning when Auntie B was just standing and Sweet Pea came running towards her, slammed into her and then fell down.  Sweet Pea stood up and yelled that Auntie B pushed her down.  One afternoon Sweet Potato was playing a game on Wii and got so excited that he fell off of the couch.  He quickly stood up and said, "I'm o.k." 

On days like today when I'm tired and a little cranky, it helps to reminisce about fun and silly things my kids have done and said.  Even today, Gummi Bear decided to dress Pumpkin up in an old Halloween costume.  Pumpkin came out of her room dressed as a pirate - bandanna and all.  I wanted to post a picture but the memory card in our camera is missing (grrr).  Honey Bunches came up to me while I was cooking and wrapped his arms around my waist and said, "I love you Mom."  Cucumber saw this and decided to follow suit.  She came up to me, gave me a hug and said, "I love you the most Mamasita."  Amazing how my crankiness dissolves through the grace granted to me by God through my children. 

1 comment: