Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I know it's a day late and I had every intention of posting last night, but I was caught up in an Ugly Betty marathon.  I'll post about that later.  Yesterday was a great day.  The older kids didn't have to wear their uniforms to school, so they wore jeans with green shirts.On the way out the door, Honey Bunches asked what was for lunch at school.  I told him TatorTot Hot Dish and he groaned.  I said, "I wish you would learn to eat."  (He by far is my pickiest eater).  He replied, "And I wish life was a game of Candy Land!"  Say whaat?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
 We're not Irish, but I love to take advantage of any themed day.  I find it fun to craft and bake with the kids.  It also helps to break up the monotony of the long winter. The girls and I baked Irish Soda Bread, which turned out to be a great after school snack

 
The vote for supper was Spam and green rice.  If I may add - that is truly a labor of love for me, as I really don't like Spam, but the kids love it.

Gummi Bear, Cucumber and I made little Leprechauns out of toilet paper tubes and pipe cleaners.  I do not consider myself to be a very crafty person, but give me an idea with instructions and I do alright.  The girls loved the craft.  To top off our day, we had Shamrock Shakes from McDonald's.  They're probably not exactly Irish, but they sure were good!


May those who love us, love us.
For those who don't love us, 
May God turn their hearts.  
And if God can't turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping!
An old Irish proverb                                




                                                   

          










 



1 comment:

  1. I want to be you when I grow up. You are the best mom ever!

    ReplyDelete