Saturday, March 19, 2011

Beautiful Day!

I woke up this morning to lots of "shhhhhhhhhs."  When I opened my bedroom door I was met with my girls saying they had a surprise to show me.  The kids were making breakfast - oatmeal (the real stuff, not instant) and brewing my coffee.  As I sat down, I smelled something burning.  Sweet Potato was at the stove with smoke rolling from the pot.  He said, "Don't worry mom.  The timer hasn't gone off yet."  Luckily at about that same time the timer beeped and he turned the burner off.  He filled my bowl with the hot cereal, added sweetner and cinnamon and poured my coffee.  I took my first sip of coffee.  Wow.  I asked how he made it and he said, "with two scoops of the measuring cup and 8 cups of water."  Let's just say that I had a cup of creamer with a splash of coffee!  The oatmeal was tasty and warmed me through and through.  I sat down with my heart overflowing and a few tears in my eyes.  I felt so proud and so blessed.  As I ate my breakfast, Honey Bunches came in with the computer and said he made a video for me to watch while I ate.  The slide show was all about him and I couldn't have loved it more.  After breakfast, Cucumber did the dishes.  Such a treat!  Then Gummi Bear and I took a brisk walk through the neighborhood.  No matter how long winter becomes, I never tire of the beauty of the season.  The trees were frosted this morning - absolutely gorgeous.  I thank God for my beautiful family, His beautiful creation, and for another day to live this beautiful life.

1 comment: