Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...cool and misting.  We have a tree that hasn't lost its leaves yet and it's golden in color.  Simply beautiful.

I am thinking...it's probably time to get out of my pajamas.  The kids are home for MEA and only Sweet Pea has gotten dressed for the day.  

I am thankful...for restored health.  Everyone is feeling better.  Thank you Jesus!


In the kitchen...is a pot of coffee with my name on it.  I've actually had two cups thus far this morning and I'm enjoying every bit of it.

I am wearing...my pajamas and sweatshirt.

I am creating...our meal plans for the coming week. 

I am going...eventually to the grocery store.

I am reading...Theology of the Body for Beginners by Christopher West.  I'm studying it with four other women.  The book is beautifully written and is ever so pertinent to our upcoming election.  

I am hoping...that Pumpkin and Honey Bunches stay healthy, as they were the only two who did not "catch the bug."

I am looking forward to...an afternoon get-away with a friend.

I am listening...to Jamie Grace, Once Song AT At A Time.  I triple dog dare you to listen to this album and not dance or smile.  We've been listening to this disc multiple times a week since last Christmas (it was a gift for Sweet Pea).  We all love it.

Around the house...a couple of the kids are watching a movie, a couple are determined to sharpen all 300 of our pencils (maybe not 300, but we have a lot of pencils), and two are making instruments out of oatmeal containers and Grandma's old pill bottles.

I am pondering...how to spend this day of vacation (besides the grocery store outing).  The use of my time during these free days can be overwhelming.  I know - it's not a bad problem to have, I just want to use my time wisely.

A favorite quote for today..."Joy isn't found in the material objects surrounding us; but in the inner recesses of the soul.  One can possess joy in a prison cell as well as in a palace." 

                                                 St. Therese of Lisieux

One of my favorite things...popcorn, movies, and snuggle-time with my kids.  That is definitely on my agenda for tonight.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Cucumber has been invited to her first "friend" birthday party on Saturday.  Monkey is working some extra hours, so the Love Bugs and I will certainly come up with something to do.



4 comments:

  1. I echo many of these setiments and I bet if my kids were actually here I'd they be looking for old pill bottles and some beans too. :)

    Have a great MEA and enjoy those little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I hope you enjoyed your weekend too.

      Delete
  2. Loved the quote...a pajama day sounds wonderful...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete