Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day #6

Day #6 - A Parade

Labor Day Weekend is our town's festival and today was the parade.

Awaiting the start of the parade.  Thanks to Uncle Tim for the popcorn!

Monkey Toes waving and Cucumber looking like she is about to throw her water bottle at a passing float.  Thankfully, that did not happen!

The kids watching the marching band.  My two favorite parts of a parade (and the ones that always have me swallowing back tears); 1.  When our country's flag passes and 2. Marching bands.

That's it.  That is all the pictures I took this afternoon.  I also need to mention the full day we had, just not necessarily all together.  This morning, my sisters and I went out for coffee.  Monkey and the boys went golfing, while the the girls and Miss Jessica went garage sale-ing and to the park to play.  On my return home, Gummi and Cucumber went to hang out with my sister.  We all met up again at the parade site. 

Before supper this evening, at least 4 of the 6 kids were crying for various reasons.  "He doesn't want to play with me.  She took my doll.  He ruined my obstacle course.  I can't find my shoes.  I don't know why I am crying, I'm just sad."  Needless to say, we are all tired.  So off to bed I go.  Tomorrow is another full day, but not by choice.  So we'll go with the flow and be thankful for these last few days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment