Monday, September 3, 2012

Day #7

Day #7 - Grandpa's Cabin

Day seven took us to Grandpa's cabin.  Monkey Toes and the kids left early in the morning to spend the day with Monkey's family.  I stayed behind, spending the day with my mom watching Audrey Hepburn movies.

Monkey with his siblings and step-dad.

The Love Bugs with a few cousins they met for the first time.

Just being silly.

The girls enjoying the sandbox.


Honey Bunches will go to extremes to avoid getting his picture taken.  Here, he's inside a Bean Bag Toss game.

Cucumber's big catch of the day.

A final stop to eat before heading home.

This brings my 7 day challenge to a close.  Not that planning activities and spending time with my kids should be a challenge.  My goal was to make this final week of summer vacation memorable and to simply take advantage of this precious time together.  The majority of these days were spent close to home and were either free or fairly inexpensive.  Excluding the cost of gas, we spent a total of $75 for 7 seven days of activities for 7 people.  I think that's pretty reasonable.

On our final day of summer, we plan to spend time outdoors and then make sure all of our school "business" is in order.  Have a safe Labor Day and I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment