Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jail House Rock

I'm not exactly sure why, but my kids have been talking about "jail" lately.  There have been some pretty random references, especially from Sweet Pea.  For instance, last week I told the little ones it was time to go pick the older kids up from school.  Sweet Pea asked, "can I stay home by myself?"  I of course told her no. 

Then she said, "if you leave me home by myself then you could go to jail because the police would take you away." 

Me:  Um, yes.  But that won't happen because I won't leave you home alone.

Then yesterday while driving, Sweet Pea commented, "If you don't wear your seat belt Mom, you're going to go to jail."

Me:  Well I would probably get pulled over by the police, but I wouldn't be taken to jail.
Sweet Pea:  I think you'll go to jail.

Should I be concerned?

This morning (again while driving to school), the older kids were talking about our weekend plans.  We'll be going to the Vikings game and Sweet Potato asked me where I have the tickets.

Me:  Don't worry.  I have them in a super secret and safe place.
Honey Bunches:  What if you go to jail and we don't have the tickets or anyone to drive us to the game?
Me:  I'm not going to jail!
Sweet Potato:  Well if you go to jail, then I'll drive everyone to the game.  But then if I get caught, I'll probably get sent to Juvie.

What the heck?


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...too funny! Juvie.

    We have spurts about jail too. Then when we go to the nearby city by the lake...they see the dungedin (aka dungeon) jail and wonder if that's the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would probably love to see that!

    ReplyDelete