Friday, February 3, 2012

Coffee Break

I love coffee.  I love the smell of it.  I love the taste of it.  Even not so great coffee, I still like.  What I appreciate the most about coffee is that it forces me to slow down, even if just for a moment, and take my time to drink it.  I may not always afford myself the luxury of doing so, but when I do brew a pot, I attempt to sit for just 5 minutes and take in the experience. 

While the older kids are at school, the little ones and I have begun a tradition of a "mid-morning" coffee break.  My girls actually like coffee.  I try to keep a jar of decaf-instant on hand for them.  The last few days, Cucumber has specifically asked if we can take our coffee break and visit for awhile.  How could I possibly say no to such a request?



With all of our home projects in progress, I have been feeling extremely tired.  Today, it felt as though I had hit a wall.  So instead of having coffee during our morning break, I made a drink called "The Green Monster", in hopes that it would give me a boost of energy.  It's made with banana, peanut butter, yogurt, milk, and raw spinach.  Once blended, it takes on the color of lime green.  As the girls and I were enjoying our visit, I saw Cucumber shudder.  I asked, "What's wrong honey?"  She replied, "That green drink is freaking me out!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment