Saturday, February 12, 2011

If I Had a Million Dollars. . .

Have you ever wondered what you would do if you became a millionaire?  Monkey Toes and I have discussed this a number of times.  What would life be like if we had all the money we needed and more?  I'm thinking about this now because one of my favorite radio stations is having a pledge drive and needs to raise $400,000 more to meet their goal.  As I was driving home and listening to them, I wished I had money to donate.  If I ever came upon a bunch of money, I've always thought I would donate much of it.  I would love to give a bundle to my church, to my Alma Mater, Birthright, and Catholic Charities.  I would generously give to my children's school and other local charities.  However, seeing as we are far from wealthy, I can only give what I can and when possible.  This reality emphasises my responsibility to give in other ways - mostly of my time and talent when called upon.  It may not be much, but I believe every bit helps.  And if I remember to offer up to God all I do, then hopefully it honors Him as well.  So as long as I count my blessings (my faith, my husband, kids, and family, a roof over our heads, food to eat, valued friendships) I am wealthy beyond measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment