Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day

A few years ago, my two sons became interested in the U.S. presidents.  Not only were they learning their names, but also their terms, their political parties, and fun facts about each of them.  Ever since then, we have celebrated President's Day in our home.  Today, the kids made star pendants, patriotic pinwheels, red, white, & blue cupcakes, and we watched some presidential songs on YouTube.  I also took care of some kids that attend our church, so I had a total of 9 children in my home.  The crafts went well, but as the kids were working on them, Sweet Potato decided to give everyone a history lesson on the presidents, and to much of his dismay, the others did not share his enthusiasm for presidential and U.S. history.  All in all, we had a great day.  My house is in complete disaster mode - dishes stacked high, toys everywhere, I even found a broken cookie in the girls room.  But today was about enjoying each other, having fun with various activities, and just spending time together.  My favorite quote of the day was when we were coloring at the table.  I commented on how quiet it was in the house with having so many people in it.  One of our guests said, "everyone must be content," and Little Cucumber said, "I have a tent and it's awesome!"  Even with 9 children, everyone played well together.  There were even some tears as we had to say goodbye to our guests.  Tonight, I am exhausted and probably won't tackle the mess until tomorrow.  So for now I will put my feet up, have a cup of tea, and enjoy the sweet memories of today .



No comments:

Post a Comment