Saturday, January 14, 2012

Soggy Bowl of Love

Once again my children surprised me with breakfast this morning.  They had a bowl of cereal, topped with fruit and a glass of milk all set out for me.  They decorated the table with a bouquet of flowers and fashioned the word MOM out of pipe cleaners.  It was very sweet.


My cereal was soggy and I learned that Cucumber had added milk.  Honey Bunches told her that she wasn't suppose to do that, so the kids strained out the milk, added the cereal back into the bowl, and topped it with frozen berries.  I asked where the milk went that they strained out and Honey Bunches told me they did it over the sink.  Oh well.  It was still a very sweet and thoughtful gesture.

While I was eating, one of the kids was playing with a plush, pink puppy, that when you press her belly she recites the prayer, "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep."  After we listened to the prayer a few times, Sweet Potato commented, "that puppy must be Lutheran."  "Why do you say that?" I asked.  He said, "He didn't make the Sign of the Cross."

No comments:

Post a Comment