Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kid-isms


Christmas vacation has kicked our behinds, or rather; the actual return to normal scheduling is taking its toll.  The last two mornings on our drive to school the van has been unusually quiet accompanied by numerous yawns.  I’ve learned that I function much better in routine.  I love vacation days, but I could never live my life in my pajamas 24/7 with no plan for my time.  Schedules and routines are good for my well being AND they’re good for my kids.

A picture of Pumpkin yesterday morning.  This pretty much set the tone for the day.

Here’s a couple of kid-isms I wanted to record.  There were lots more over the past few weeks, but yesterday seemed to be the day of zingers.

As Pumpkin and I were folding the laundry, she commented, “Mommy you got BIG underwear.”  Sigh.

On the way home from school, I made a rather sarcastic comment to Sweet Potato.  I really was just trying to be funny when he scolded, “Mom, that wasn’t necessary.”  Ouch.

Cucumber and I were playing Wii Fit.  When it was her turn she remarked, “Let me show you how it’s done.”  Wow.

As I was making supper, Honey Bunches and Sweet Pea were at the table having an argument.  It resulted in a “no it isn’t” “yes it is” kind of exchange.  Finally, a very exasperated Honey Bunches clearly declared, “I.  Can.  Not.  Talk.  To.  A.  Three.  Year.  Old.  Words of wisdom.




No comments:

Post a Comment