Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sweeters

When I am not calling my children by their birth names or the food names I've given them, I tend to call them Sweeters.  Here are a few examples why:

Yesterday the four girls and I went to the park to play.  As Cucumber was running towards the tetertotter, she called out, "Mom.  Come tator tot with me."

This morning the girls and I made a trip to Target.  We had a few things we needed to pick up and I told the girls they could spend their gift cards (Gummi and Cucumber each had a card).  The older girls offered to share their cards so everyone could get a little something.  It was a gesture that made my heart smile.

During lunch, Gummi asked, "Mom, do you know what my favorite Corn Carnival memory is?  The year that Grandpa Beno (my dad) brought me and said he would buy me a little treat.  We got cotton candy and then sat in a chair together and shared the bag."  Yep - that brought a tear to my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment