Saturday, August 13, 2011

My New Survival Tool. . .

Cold pressed coffee.  Without trying to sound overly dramatic, I LOVE IT!!  Usually, I brew a pot of coffee in the morning.  As life plays out, I rarely have the opportunity to drink it hot.  So I began making iced coffee in the afternoons when the kids were down for their naps.  It was o.k. but certainly nothing like a coffee house makes.  Then my friend treated me to cold pressed coffee, which has altered my coffee experience.  I still like a cup of hot joe, but my new special "just for me" treat is an iced, cold pressed coffee.  I found a recipe on-line.  Basically, you mix coffee grounds with water and place it in your refrigerator to "brew" overnight.  Then you filter it and enjoy.  I fill a cup with ice, pour coffee 2/3 of the glass full, add milk and a little sweetner and a straw.  For me, it is indulgence.  I also thinks it adds a bit more "kick" than my regular cup of coffee.  That's a good thing.  I could use all the extra kicks I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment