Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Kids

I have lovingly nicknamed all of my kids after food.  It is nothing I've given much thought to, they are just names that have rolled off my tongue when they were babies.  I'm sure it has to do with my love of food.  I like to cook, I enjoy baking, and I love to eat. 

Sweet Potato is 8, in second grade and he is quite the talker.  Honey Bunches of Oats is 6, he's in first grade, and wears his emotions on his sleeve.  Gummi Bear is 5, she is in Kindergarten, and is very motherly. Cucumber is 3 and expresses herself well.  Sweet Pea is 2 and has a sweet disposition.  Pumpkin Pie is 1 and has a bright, honest smile.  She is also the loudest (or shall I say the most vocal) baby we've had.

Our house is loud, a bit chaotic, and never dull.  My husband and I frequently get asked questions about having a large family.  At first I was quite surprised by the brashness of some, but now can shrug off most of the ignorant comments.  I believe people are mostly fascinated with the idea of a large family, as those of us who have them seem to be rare.

The following was a skit I found on youtube that is very relevant to our family.  Honestly, we have heard every one of these questions.  I find this pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment