Friday, January 7, 2011

Adoration

The first Friday of each month is Eucharistic Adoration at our church.  Today, my mom came over to sit with the kids so I could go.  I always begin by thanking God for my husband and each of my kids.  I usually ask for guidance as a wife and mother.  Then, I sit back and simply listen.  Often times I will bring my Bible and other reading materials, but today, I just wanted to open my heart to hear what God was telling me.  I didn't walk away with any clear message, but I was moved by the experience.  I cried and didn't really know why.  As I left the church, I felt very much at peace.  I believe that God knew what I needed and gifted me with it.  I am thankful for the opportunity to spend this time with the Lord.  It gives me strength and clarity to live the life I believed I was called to live.  I've said it before and I'll say it again. . .I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment