Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sweet Pea Turns Four

This is how I was greeted this morning in the kitchen.  Sweet Pea came running out of her bedroom holding up 4 fingers and shouting, "I'm 4 today!"


  Auntie Sue came over for a cup of coffee and treated us to monkey bread.  Sweet Pea picked her own mug to drink from;  a total blast from the past for Monkey and I (that would be prom in 1991).


Honey Bunches presented his sister with this letter E for her birthday.

Today was a day all about the birthday girl.  She was completely the center of attention in all aspects.  A little bit of that is out of guilt from years past.  Two years ago we didn't celebrate her birthday, due to the passing of my Dad.  Last year, we didn't celebrate her birthday because of my niece's engagement party in Canada.  Sweet Pea was well over-do for her own celebration.

I had Sweet Pea put on her swimsuit and gave her the next present.

 It was a sprinkler, with the promise that she could play in it as long as she wanted.  This is a picture of her giggling; total and complete joy!


And literally, she played in the water all day.



 
Next, treats were delivered by Auntie Mary; Fresh fruit tarts and chocolate dipped strawberries.  DELICIOUS!


In exchange for naps, we face painted with our homemade paint recipe.  

Sweet Pea painting Pumpkin's cheek

Pumpkin looking a little unsure about her face art.

All the girls and a neighbor boy playing with the paints.

After face painting, we took out the water guns.  I promise I really do have two sons, however today they were helping their aunt with her yard work.  The neighbor boy heard all the screams and squeals and decided to join in on the fun.

After Sweet Pea's choice of having tacos for supper, we sang Happy Birthday and she blew out the candles on the cake of her choice - chocolate with chocolate frosting.

My dear little Sweet Pea, I love you so much.  I love how you add an extra syllable to most words.  I love how you ask me daily how I am feeling.  I love how you feel the need to be responsible for your little sister, who actually is bigger than you.  I love how much you love to be outdoors and never seem to tire on the swings.  I love how you belt out a tune, causing your siblings to cover their ears - and you don't care.  You bring joy to my life and add a smile to my face everyday.  Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!


No comments:

Post a Comment