Monday, October 17, 2011

Bathroom Shuffle

We have 2 bathrooms in our home for 8 people to share.  There is a bathroom on the main floor and one in the basement.  Even with the 2 johns, there are days when a couple more would come in handy.  Before and after school seem to be our bathroom hot spots of the day.  I can always tell when someone is put out by the "Oh man!" that resounds from the hallway when it is discovered that a body is already seated on the throne.  Upon our arrival home each afternoon, a race ensues for who can get into the door first.  The winner usually gets the main floor bathroom and second place goes downstairs.  Third place dances in the hallway.  I have encouraged my children to use the restroom at school before I pick them up, but it doesn't seem to matter.  I think deep down it's their way of antagonizing one another.  On rare occasions, I win the race.  But truly, it is anything but ideal.  I lock the bathroom door behind me, but for some reason, it is an invitation to rattle the handle. Apparently, one try isn't enough to convince the perpetrator that the door is locked and no matter how many times they attempt, they're not getting in!  I will forever refer to this song and dance as the Bathroom Shuffle.  To my kids, flushing is music to their ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment