Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Oxen and Floaties

There are a few conversations with my kids that have come to mind lately and I'm afraid if I don't record them, I'll forget them.  I don't want to forget, since they bring a smile to my face each time I recount them.

After Cucumber's latest birthday supper, she opened cards and gifts.  She has become quite the reader and wanted to show us all by reading each of her cards aloud.  She read the card from Grandma that said, "You are a bright star in my life Granddaughter.  Happy Birthday.  I love you Ox Ox."  Cucumber looked up from the card and said, "I don't get it."  So I asked if I could take a look and it read, "I love you.  XOXO's."  (Since this incident, Monkey now tells me, "I love you Ox Ox."  Quite the romantic, no?)

The following weekend, Monkey was driving Cucumber and a classmate to a birthday party.  Monkey kept calling the little boy, "Tim-O-thee".  After a few times pronouncing his name that way, Cucumber shouted, "Dad, it's Timothy with an "A".

The kids just received a game called, "Let's Talk."  It contains cards with questions meant to start a dialogue.  Tonight after supper, the girls and I sat in the living room answering some of these questions.  Gummi asked, "What is one thing you wish you could do or accomplish?"

Each girl answered:
Gummi:  I wish I was really good at gymnastics.
Sweet Pea:  I wish I was a singer.
Cucumber:  I wish I was a swimmer in the Olympics.
Pumpkin:  Yeah, me too.  I wish I could swim in the Lympics, cept I don't go in the deep water and I would have to wear my floaties.

1 comment:

  1. These are cute...I shared them we Adam and we laughed. Fun times these littles!

    ReplyDelete