Friday, January 11, 2013

Cucumber Turns 6!

Some of my favorite days of the year are my children's birthdays.  These are days where I can freely give the child of honor unsolicited (and sometimes an obscene amount) of attention.  Within a large family, it is not possible to do that everyday, so I focus in on this one special occasion for my children.  I want each of them to know how much they are loved and valued by all of us.

Yesterday was Cucumber's sixth birthday.  She decided to "cash-in" a non-uniform pass that she had earned earlier in the school year.

Thank you Nino Marc for the new outfit!
After school, she battled her siblings in a dance off.


Sweet Potato helping Cucumber celebrate her victory.
Then Cucumber snuck away for awhile and when I searched her out, this is what I found.



I let her sleep while I prepared the dinner of her choice.

Angel Hair Pasta, Corn and French Bread.
Then it was time for cake - also her choice, and singing Happy Birthday.

A "homemade" DQ ice cream cake.

Cucumber has some characteristics that I wish I had when I was a kid.  She is uninhibited and marches to the beat of her own drum.  She is opinionated, loud, silly, and theatrical.  At times, she is completely fearless. She loves school and truly considers her 18 classmates to be her BEST friends.  She likes dressing up; the fancier, frillier, and sparklier the better (those are all fashion terms, aren't they?)  At the same time, she likes Power Rangers and trouncing around with her brothers.

She falls asleep everyday on the way home from school.

She likes to pretend that her little sisters are dolls and dresses them up too!



She lost two teeth over Christmas break.  While I was cleaning one day, I found this.


She had gifted her tooth to Baby Jesus, instead of the Tooth Fairy.

This child of mine is unique for sure.  I love her, I give thanks for her, and I treasure her as a precious gift from God.

Happy Birthday Cucumber.  I love you with all of my heart!









1 comment:

  1. She is adorable. I love the new toothless look!

    What a nice birthday celebration. :)

    ReplyDelete