Friday, August 3, 2012

Give Me A Break

I put the little ones to bed last night and then quickly rushed into the Living Room to watch the Olympics.  About 40 minutes into them, I heard the two youngest still chatting (and probably playing), trying to be very quiet.  I walked into their room and told them they needed to go to bed and then I resumed my position in front of the T.V.  Gummi was watching with me and asked, "The little girls were so quiet Mom, how did you hear them?"  I responded, "I have mom ears."  Still looking at me Gummi replied, "Kinda like ducks."  Ummm.  Sure.

Later in the evening, Sweet Potato asked, "Hey mom, can I turn on your defibrillator?" (He really was asking to plug in my essential oil diffuser).

While watching Olympic swimming, Honey Bunches asked why the pool has to be so deep. 
Me:  I think it's because the swimmers dive into the water and they don't want to hit their head on the bottom of the pool.
Sweet Potato:  Yeah, like when I hit my head and it split open five years ago.
Honey Bunches:  Sweet Potato, 5 years ago you fell on your toy box.  Not even close to a pool!


Our niece has offered to watch the kids for us before she heads back to college.  So this morning, Monkey called me from work to ask me out on a date for tomorrow night.  When I hung up the phone I announced to the kids that their cousin would be coming over to watch them.

Cucumber:  Where are you and Dad going?
Me:  Dad's taking me out on a date.
Cucumber:  I thought you already dated.
Me:  Well we did before we got married.  We still need to have some time just for us.
Cucumber:  Oh brother.  Give me a break.

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog from the Simple Woman's Daybook. I only have two children so far, but I come from a family of seven and I love how you document the fun things these young people say and do. It's great to see how you handle all those things, I love the I'm Bored jar and the Mom Took It bin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anastasia for taking the time to read my blog and comment. I appreciate it!

      Delete