Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Simple Woman's Daybook

 FOR TODAY

Outside my window...I am watching my boys toss a football around.  It is hot and humid today, so I'm guessing they won't be outside for long.

I am thinking...this week begins Summer Rec activities for the kids, which means scheduling becomes a "must" at this point, as well as enforced bedtimes.

I am thankful...that it is Sunday and we began our day attending Mass all together.

In the kitchen...is the skeleton of a birthday dinner for Pumpkin.  On this hot and humid day (yes, I did already mention that) she has requested spaghetti and meatballs.

I am wearing...my church attire - a skirt and blouse.

I am creating...a Birthday Cake, per request from Pumpkin.  Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with sprinkles and chocolate chips.  I'll post pictures later.

I am going...possibly to a reunion for my high school graduation class later in the week.  One of our classmates has moved back to the state and is hosting a small get-together.

I am wondering...how many nights can I serve my kids cold cereal for supper before I am considered negligent.

I am reading...Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly.  I have been reading this book for a few months, as I read it in very small doses.  I am now on the final chapter.

I am hoping...that a project/dream will soon come to fruition.  

I am looking forward to...my College Friends Annual Gathering.  It's still a few weeks off, but I never cease to get giddy just thinking about it!

I am learning...that my kids are growing up fast and are getting less dependent on me for certain things/tasks.  

Around the house...Monkey has been tackling home-improvement projects.  I love being able to cross off items on our "to-do" list.  It feels like we're actually making progress.

I am pondering...resurrecting our weekly meal plan/menus.  They made life so much easier.

A favorite quote for today...actually from two days ago.  Pumpkin spent the Fourth of July with her Grandpa.  "Little fireworks had little booms.  I didn't like them.  Big fire works have bigger booms and I really don't like those.  The Jell-O was good!"

One of my favorite things...sitting on our deck, hanging out with my kids and sipping a cool beverage.

A peek into my day...it's all about family today.  We'll be celebrating Pumpkin's birthday at 5:00, so very soon I will be preparing the meal and having the kids tidy up the house.  My kids love visitors and I love Sundays spent with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment