Friday, November 25, 2011

A Day to Give Thanks

Thanksgiving, hands down, is my favorite holiday of the year.  The entire day is centered around family and togetherness, sprinkled with good food, a little football, and possibly some physical activity.  It is not an overly-hyped up holiday (in my book that is a bit unfortunate), and although there is much planning that goes into the meal prep, the day is always a satisfying success, which demands little mental recovery from the festivities.

Monkey, the kids and I have two days of Thanksgiving, which allows us to spend ample, rushed-free time with both of our families.  Thanksgiving Day is spent with Monkey's side of the family, and the Saturday after is spent with my relatives.  Both serve traditional meals and both are very fun get-togethers.  I always leave these celebrations with a full tummy and a happy heart. 

Last night on our drive home, the kids had fallen fast asleep, allowing me time to reflect quietly on the day. Home has more to do with the people who surround us, than the walls that contain us.  At the top of my list of blessings this year, I am thankful for our home, which canopies my family and loved ones.  No matter what life deals me or where life takes me, home is where my heart will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment