Sunday, January 12, 2014

One Last "Merry Christmas"

Today we celebrated the Feast of the Baptism of Jesus, which also signifies the end of the Christmas season. Our tree is still erected and our nativity remains in place, as we fully embrace this time of Emmanuel. We have had a lovely Christmas, with much love, laughter and memories made.

We drank eggnog and laughed at our "staches."


There was "dress-up" to be played,

facials to be given,

games to entertain,


 and naps to be had.


The kids received knit animal hats for Christmas.

Pumpkin:  Mommy, who gave me my piggy hat?
Me:  Auntie Silly.
Pumpkin:  Yeah.  I like that Auntie Silly. 


New Year's was celebrated with Mass and then coming home to an evening filled with games, crafts, food and an abundance of energy.  The Love Bugs all made it to midnight (except for Sweet Pea who fell asleep on the sofa at 10:30 PM. Monkey woke her up, though, to ring in the New Year).

Waiting for the countdown!


The kids went back to school on January 3rd, which was actually a welcomed event (for all of us!)  I love having my kids home with me, but I also see great value in structure, which school helps to satisfy.  The Love Bugs were excited to see their friends again.  Cucumber, who expressed exasperation over her classmates inquiring over the state of our Christmas tree, exclaimed, "I can't wait to go back to school and tell everyone we finally put our tree up!"  

My Dad gave me this angel in 1996.  It remains my favorite ornament.

This season, I am most thankful for the gift of time and presence from our families.  I love them all so much!

To all of you, may the hope, joy and peace of Christmas last throughout this entire new year.  May we always show graciousness and kindness to one another and share the love of Christ wherever we go! Happy New Year and blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment