Thursday, January 16, 2014

7 Quick Takes


The Love Bugs are home, again, due to something we're referring to in these parts as a "Polar Vortex." Today we had blizzard conditions - not much snow, but very strong winds causing whiteouts and much drifting along roadways.  It's not even fun to play in the snow on these days.  The kids spend more time bundling up than actually playing outside, due to the cold.
My children NEED TO GO OUTSIDE.  My house has turned into a playground, a jungle gym, a race car track, a craft room, a bakery, and something I am referring to as a circus.  I can't walk two feet without stepping over/on or having to go around something or someone.  I love having my children home, but I am having to learn the skill of surrender.  They are taking over!
Since having our family, I have been asked for the second time in my life if my children are adopted.  It happened at a recent piano recital, where Sweet Potato, Gummi Bear and Cucumber performed.  The woman who inquired was very nice, but her question caught me off guard.  I simply smiled and calmly said, "No, they are all my biological children,"  to which she responded, "Really?"  I was half tempted to pull up my shirt and show her my lovely stretch marks as proof, but I don't think that would have been pleasant for anyone.
Two of the Love Bugs had a dentist appointment last week.  I picked all the kids up from school and didn't have time to go home first, so I had packed a snack bag for each to eat on the way.  I emptied out the snack cupboard, and their bags contained an assortment of crackers, raisins, chocolate covered candies & pretzels.  Once in the waiting room at the Dentist Office, Sweet Pea asked if she could sit on my lap.  As she walked over, a gentleman sitting in the chairs commented, "I think your little girl had an accident."  I had Sweet Pea turn around and noticed her butt had brown streaks and splotches all over it.  After closer review, I said to the gentleman, "No sir, it's just chocolate."  
Yesterday for lunch, I asked Pumpkin if she wanted a sandwich to eat.  She said, "Yes, but can you make it with nazi bread"  Oh good heavens, where is this going?

Me:  Pumpkin, what did you say?
Pumpkin:  Make it with nazi bread.
Me:  I don't know what that is.  Where did you learn that word?
Pumpkin:  I said NOT. SEED. BREAD!

Apparently my Whole 12 Grain bread is only loved by me.
Sweet Pea was given an American Girl doll for Christmas from her Nina and Nino. She LOVES this doll. It sleeps next to her and she asks to take it everywhere (to church, the library, school, etc.)  Each day after school, she tries to find outfits for both of them to wear so they can look alike.  She has lovingly named her doll Brianna.  She talks about Brianna as if she were one of her friends from school.  It usually takes me a minute to figure out she is referring to her doll and not a real person.  
I just realized this is a 7 Quick Takes Friday edition and today is only Thursday. One can only hope. . . . .


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment: