Sunday, November 10, 2013

Marathon and Halloween

I no longer have a computer of my own, thus I am restricted to the use of Monkey Toes computer and working around his schedule and the availability of his laptop.  Since it has been awhile since my last post, I decided to do a little update of tid bits of our life over the past few weeks.

The School Marathon
Each year, the Knights of Columbus sponsor a marathon for non-public education. Students collect money and prayer intentions.  The marathon begins with an all school Mass (the prayer intentions are written on a large mural and prayed over during Mass), followed by lunch, and then the marathon. Grades K-3 walk through town, and grades 4-12 walk 4.2 miles around Winsted Lake.  This year, the students raised over $46,000.  The day was filled with fun and lots of school pride.  I feel blessed that my children belong to this amazing community of people who support Catholic education.  A huge "Thank You" to all who sponsored these students!







All Hallows Eve
I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, but my kids look forward to dressing up, getting candy, and watching the beloved, "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown."  

Pumpkin as "Belle"
Sweet Pea as a Cowgirl.  I have to give a shout-out to JillyBean for this adorable and durable outfit.  It has clothed 3 of our 4 girls and is still looking great!
Gummi as "Jasmine"
Cucumber as "Mother Teresa"
Our Halloween Crafts; bats and ghosts made from egg cartons.

Pumpkin watching Charlie Brown.
The kids had a non-uniform day and could wear black and orange to school.
Our daily life has been pretty routine lately.  The kids go to school, they practice their instruments, the boys play basketball and Sundays are basically Mass, crock-pot dinners and football.  I'm very content these days, which is a pretty great place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment