Monday, August 26, 2013

Happy Birthday Monkey Toes




Happy Birthday to the one I have loved since I was 18 years old.  


Over the past 21 years, we have had some amazing adventures.



We said, "I do,"


And then started a family; our legacy.



I wanted to make your birthday special, but as life goes, it was extremely imperfect.  You simply asked for brunch at home after Mass, to which you were served dried out eggbake, and burnt on the outside and raw on the inside monkey bread.  You still ate it and said it was delicious.

I wanted to make it up to you by having a nice dinner tonight, but due to a sick child and a sleepless night, we had BLT's and the half eaten birthday cake you brought home from work.


You still blew out your candles with a smile on your face, letting your children know that just being home with them was the important thing.

So over this past year, I say thank you.


Thank you for helping the kids with school projects.


Thank you for taking the time to play.


Thank you for teaching our children skills.


Thank you for taking the time to relax.


Thank you for being true to you.


Happy Birthday Monkey Toes!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment