Friday, June 28, 2013

Summertime

I have not been very diligent, lately, about posting to this blog.  It certainly is not due to lack of content.  By the time the Love Bugs are in bed each night, all I want to do is sit on our deck with a glass of wine and put my feet up.  Isn't that what summer is all about?  I think so!

The kids have been out of school since May 24th.  One would think that we have this whole vacation gig down pat.  We certainly do not.  I don't know if it is because "summer" took so long to descend upon us, or if it was my lack of preparedness for all of this down time.  Around here we thrive on routine and schedules, both of which have been lacking thus far.  As a result, I'm most certain, the kids have been arguing and whining to new levels.  Dare I share that just two days ago I was asking the question, "How many days until school begins?"  But then we had a day like today, where the weather was absolutely beautiful (just a tad windy), the sun was shining and the kids spent much of the day outdoors.  We attended story hour at the library, the kids checked out new books, we went to the local Farmer's Market, the kids played with the neighbors, they rode their bikes, and we even watched an episode of "Master Chef" during nap time.  These are the kind of days that I fully embrace.  This is the kind of day that screams "summertime" to me.  It is this kind of day that reminds me of how blessed I am to be a stay-at-home mom, having all of my Love Bugs with me.

I can't believe that the end of June is upon us.  July will be a much busier month with Summer Rec activities.  The boys are taking golf lessons, two of the girls will be in gymnastics, five of the kids will be taking swimming lessons, and the boys will be participating in a football camp.  Then, come August, we will reclaim our vacation days once more.  When that time is here, we will be preparing for the start of school and asking the question, "where did summer go?"

There are a few past events that I want to write about, so I may be back tracking a bit over the next few days.  I participated in a Relay For Life event, the kids participated in two Vacation Bible Schools, our parish has a new associate priest, we celebrated Father's Day and I have had such lovely and enlightening conversations with some very random people lately.  So maybe I'll start pulling out my computer (on the deck, next to my wine), and recording some of the thoughts that race through this head of mine.  Happy summer to all of you.  Here's wishing you leisurely and memory filled days!


1 comment:

  1. I too enjoy a glass of vino at the end of the day. And during....I pump up the coffee to keep up! ;)

    Hope we can get together this summer at the park or something. :)

    ReplyDelete