Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Couple of "Cutesies"

Last fall I purchased a small white board for our kitchen.  I've always wanted a large black board, but for now, this white board will have to do.  My intentions with the board is to post the days happenings, such as the date, the Saint of the Day, the supper menu, and any other pertinent information.  On mornings when I am a bit rushed, one of the kids usually asks to complete the board.   On this particular day, I simply could not pass up the opportunity to take a picture of Cucumber's handiwork.

Please allow me to translate:
Monday, February 18, 2012
Happy President's Day
Supper:  Apple Pie
St. John the Second
Just to set the record straight, it's 2013 and we actually had pasta for supper and the pie for dessert.  Also, the saint of the day wasn't St. John II (I actually have no idea who that is).  When I asked Cucumber which saint that was, she responded, "I don't know.  That's the only name I know how to spell."  Clearly.

In other happenings:

This past Wednesday night the kids and I were getting ready to watch American Idol.  Sweet Potato was instructing his younger siblings to complete a multitude of tasks.  I simply kept quiet, wanting to watch this interaction.

Cucumber:  Sweet Potato, why do you get to boss everyone around tonight?
Sweet Potato:  Because I'm practicing being an adult.

I choked a little on the water I was drinking.

Cucumber:  You are NOT an adult.  You're only 10 and you have to be 13 to be an adult.
Sweet Potato:  Yeah, I know and that's only 2 1/2 years away.
Cucumber:  Oh boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment