Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cucumber Is 7



This little Cucumber turned seven years old on January 10th.  The morning of her birthday, she was awake before I came into her room, ready to announce that "today is my special day!"  Since we were not planning on celebrating her birthday for at least another week, I attempted to satisfy a few of her requested whims.  She asked for oatmeal for breakfast, with an extra sprinkle of brown sugar.  She "pretty pleased" me into buying chocolate cupcakes with whipped, white frosting and colorful sprinkles to share with her classmates.


 She wanted to cash in a non-uniform pass on the exact day of her birthday, but since it was a Mass day, she had to wait until the following Monday.





For supper we had pepperoni pizza, and her cake of choice was chocolate with chocolate frosting.




Her gifts included Lucky Charms, a Paracord Bracelet Kit, underwear, the lovely white jacket (shown above), a monkey, Shrek, and a headband (the last 3 items were re-gifted from her little sisters).




On another day with extended family, we celebrated once more.  Her requested meal was grilled ribs, steak and rice.  Monkey claims that she is "a true Chamorro!"



To top it all off, Cucumber had an Oreo Blizzard ice-cream cake.  She also received a Rainbow Loom Kit, a giant tub of cheeseballs and socks.


There are many reasons I love this little girl.  She is confident, funny and quirky.  Many of the phrases that roll off her tongue remind me of someone who is beyond their years.  We were having a conversation one day and were interrupted by one of the Love Bugs.  Once the commotion passed, Cucumber said, "O.k. Mom, as you were saying."

She greatly dislikes to clean her room and is as stubborn as anyone I know.  She can outlast all of her siblings in any sort of stand-off.

She can quote movies, tell jokes and put on an impromptu play.

When I look at Cucumber, I see someone who portrays certain characteristics that I wish I had as a kid.  I was so reserved and shy, but Cucumber, well, she has the determination to conquer the world.

These past seven years have been a thrill, watching this child develop into herself and having a heart for Jesus.



Cucumber, I love you more than you'll probably ever know.  You are a true treasure to our family and to all those who know and love you.  Happy Birthday Sweets!


No comments:

Post a Comment