Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Groupie

Well, my love allergies are still plaguing me.  Today I tried to rest as much as I could, in-between diapers, cooking, playing outside with the kids and putting laundry away.  Hopefully, tonight will be a restful one and I'll be back to health tomorrow.

Saturday night I had the privilege of going to Monkey Toe's gig.  He is the drummer of a rock band that plays mostly local bars.  I don't get the chance to hear him very often, so I consider it a treat when I have the opportunity to play "groupie."  I love watching him play.  Not only is music one of his passions, but he is also a very gifted musician.  He's been playing the drums since he was a kid and he has been blessed with natural talent.  It actually is what first attracted me to him.  I was so amazed at the talent that this "young kid" had, that I wanted to get to know him.  Now, 20 years later, I still get excited when I hear him play.  I am very proud of him.

***I began writing this post two weeks ago and never finished, because life simply happens. Since then, we have been through Holy Week and Easter.  They were incredible celebrations, made even better by the time we spent with family.  Happy Easter Season to all of my family and friends.  May you all be blessed with the gift of newness of life.


The cousins getting ready for the egg hunt

On your mark, get set, GO!

Sweet Pea & Pumpkin Pie are off
Counting their treasures


Pumpkin eating her ??? piece of chocolate

Easter Sunday with Grandma

All lined up in birth order

Scavenger hunt leads to a Hail Mary

Racing for clues

No comments:

Post a Comment